Microscopy Otago is the hub of the University of Otago's high-tech imaging and analytical facilities. It consists of two Centres, the Otago Centre for Electron Microscopy (OCEM) and the Otago Centre for Confocal Microscopy (OCCM). Together these two Centres provide a wide range of complementary and comprehensive advanced imaging and analytical techniques for researchers, industry and teachers throughout New Zealand. A unique characteristic of Microscopy Otago is that its expertise covers all materials, biomaterial and bioscience applications.
- X-ray tomography (microCT)
- bright field microscopy
- fluorescence microscopy
- confocal microscopy
- high-resolution scanning electron microscopy
- cryo-scanning electron microscopy
- variable pressure scanning electron microscopy (VP)
- elemental analysis by energy dispersive analysis (EDS)
- crystallographic analysis by electron back scatter diffraction (EBSD)
- conventional transmission electron microscopy
- cryo-transmission electron microscopy
- electron tomography
- correlative microscopy
Microscopy Otago underpins many scientific publications and patents (some pending) from the University of Otago and further afield.
Contact: Allan Mitchell: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find more information about Microscopy Otago.