Wed, 13 Dec|
University of Auckland Newmarket Campus
Medtech-iQ Tāmaki Makaurau End of Year Celebration
Medtech-iQ Tāmaki Makaurau is bringing together Auckland's MedTech ecosystem.
Time & Location
13 Dec 2023, 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
University of Auckland Newmarket Campus, 314-390 Khyber Pass Road, Newmarket, Auckland 1023, New Zealand
About the event
Medtech-iQ Tāmaki Makaurau invites you to this end of year celebration for the local MedTech community. Open to researchers, industry, health care professionals, enablers and more, join us for an afternoon of networking and talks from the local community.
- Professor Jim Metson will speak on the University of Auckland's Newmarket Innovation Precinct developments.
- Marissa Brindley will discuss Tātaki Auckland Unlimited's initiatives to grow Tāmaki Makaurau's start-up ecosystem.
- Ju Zhang, CEO and Founder of Formus Labs will speak on their start-up journey and the valuable support needed throughout this journey.
When: Wednesday 13th December, 4 pm – 6 pm
Location: Newmarket Campus, University of Auckland.
Food and drink available.
Spaces are limited so please register to confirm your attendance.
About Medtech-iQ Aotearoa
Medtech-iQ Aotearoa is a national medical device and digital health innovation hub. It aims to spark creativity, develop capability, create economic growth, and generate positive health outcomes for all New Zealanders. Through its backbone of regional hubs in Tāmaki Makaurau, Pōneke, Ōtautahi, and Ōtepoti, Medtech-iQ Aotearoa will provide physical spaces for MedTech activities and showcase the sector nationally and internationally. It is underpinned by the Consortium for Medical Device Technologies (CMDT) partnership of AUT, the Universities of Auckland, Canterbury and Otago, Victoria University of Wellington, Callaghan Innovation, and the innovation arms of Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Waitematā and Capital, Coast and Hutt Valley districts.
There are currently two programmes running under Medtech-iQ Aotearoa which you can get involved with – Te Tītoki Mataora and the Australia-New Zealand BioBridge.
- Te Tītoki Mataora, the MedTech Research Translator, consists of a contestable early-stage fund to create a pipeline of potential new HealthTech solutions, and an upskilling programme for MedTech research translation. Te Tītoki Mataora is an initiative to grow Aotearoa’s deep tech sector by supporting research and industry that addresses healthcare needs and improves equity of access to care and outcomes.
- The Australia-New Zealand BioBridge connects the two health innovation ecosystems across the Tasman through curated workshops and delegations that initiate conversations and build anchored science and business partnerships.
Everyone is welcome to be a part of Medtech-iQ. Visit the Consortium for Medical Device (CMDT) website or subscribe to the MedTech Research Network mailing list to stay up to date with events, workshops, and funding rounds.